Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Social Letter Format

When writing a social letter you must do the following:

1. You put your address (heading) and date in the upper right hand corner.
4800 Calle Mayor
Torrance, CA 90505
January 12, 2010

2. Your salutation is your greeting followed by a comma:
Dear Kenny,

3. Then you write your two paragraphs. (You can double space)

4. Your closing should be lined up with your heading and then on the next line your name. The closing is followed by a comma:

Your friend,
Ms. Gladden

17 comments:

Jordyn C. Per.4 said...

Thanks for explaining that Ms. Gladden!

April said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! I wasn't sure but now I know!

kathy said...

does it have to be 2 paragraphs

Anonymous said...

do we actually put CMMS or do we make up an address?

kathy said...

you write your real address

kathy said...

can anyone answer my question

Anonymous said...

oh we have to? oh btw we do have to have 2 paragraphs

Unknown said...

Do we have to highlight the transitional signal phrases?

Sami E. said...

heyy thanxx for the information ms. gladden! but i didnt get to bring in my dessert from last week, but i did it. should i bring it on monday or will u not accept it?

Yo Han Seol said...

Ms Gladden so does it have doublespaced or can we do single spaced

LindseyOper4 said...

the letter can be doubled spaced and the essay should be doubled spaced anything else is single

XD Go Kagiya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
XD Go Kagiya said...

I Like Pie!!!!!!!!!!!!

XD [: <3 ^0^

TEEHEE!!!!!

XD Go Kagiya said...

im lonely right now

MargauxNPer5 said...

Ms. Gladden,
This has nothing to do with the letter, but I'm trying to save my essays as word 2003, but I don't know how to do it.

MargauxNPer5 said...

Never mind. I didn't have to save it as 2003 because my word shares files with 2003 (or something like that).