Saturday, August 13, 2011

September 2011

Welcome back students. Hope you had a great summer.

Suggested materials needed for Ms. Gladden's Language Arts Class.


1. To keep organized in my class, all students should have a 3 or 5 subject Mead type of Five Star notebook. They have plastic covers which will allow this notebook to last all year long. We will use all 5 sections in my class alone, so this should be just your Language Arts notebook. If you need one for another class please make sure you realize that.

2. A pen and a pencil. I do not mind mechanical pencils. Additionally you should have different color pens as you will be grading your classmates work and we want to make sure it is done in a different color. (I always use purple.)

3. Three ring binders are NOT suggested. They are cumbersome and paper rips out of them very easily. If you need notebook paper I usually provide it, but we do not use it very often.

4. You will need computerized type of paper. I expect things to be done on the computer so please make sure you have a few reams of paper at home.

5. Occasionally you will need to do a project by using colored pencils, markers or crayons. Please have these available at home. NO need to bring them to school.

6. I will be sending 2 text books home as I have a class set, please keep the text books in a safe environment where you can access them but not damage them. If you need to use a book cover at home please do so.

7. You also need a silent fictional reading book. You should have read a summer reading book from the Torrance list. There will be a required project with-in the first 2 weeks of school using that summer book. Your first book response will be on a fictional book that you will be reading the first 2 months of school, the book my NOT have been made into a movie.

8. You will also need index cards and a ring to place them on. We create root word cards to make sure you learn the root words. We usually end up with about 60 root words by the end of the year and you must keep each root on an individual index card throughout the year.

Hopefully we will have a great year and being prepared is definitely part of the overall experience.
Thank you.
Ms. Gladden


1 comment:

MarinaKPer4:P said...

I'm the first post!!!!! I'm just that awesome!!!! :D