Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome to Language Arts 7 Glad2Teach Blog. I will post extra help for students and review things that were taught that day. Hope this forum helps all my students. My e-mail address is: Gladteacher24@gmail.com Please use this is if you want an answer from me about something. I do NOT use schoolnotes anymore. Please be aware of that.
13 comments:
1st comment!!!!!
yes!!!!
wow wataru your wierd
Ms. Gladden i was talking about last weeks D.O.L. not this weeks.
Ms. Gladden, what was the font for the "fear is" poem on this weeks packet?
Kyle, the font doesn't matter, as long it is readable.
Jake, sorry, you will need to get it from someone in class. You need to get everything in to me tomorrow, and make sure you take the test. It's been a week. The test is in room 21 - Power Lunch.
Eric, you told Kyle correctly, thanks. It can't be all capitals either. Make sure I can read it and you must use complex sentences. Make sure it fits the page, not too small and not too big.
Ms. Gladden,
The country in Africa that facinates me the most is Egypt.
Is the word "that" a relative pronoun or demostrative?
Also:
They are the southernmost and northernmost points at which the sun is directly overhead.
In that sentence, what is the demostrative or relative pronoun?
a complex sentence needs to just have and independent and a dependent clause right? does it need to have a word like: who, whom, whose, which, that, when,ect
Wataru, since your were the first why didn't you answer this section on the test? You left it blank.
Lindsey, you are correct. A complex sentence usually will have one of those you listed. Notice I said usually, because I think I have seen complex sentences that use punctuation in place of one of those words. The main thing is the independent and dependent part.
Eric the sentence you spoke about the "that" is a relative pronoun. It starts a dependent clause. The country in Africa is Egypt is the independent clause so, that fascinates me most, is the dependent clause. I gave the wrong answer on the homework sheet. I guess I will be adding a point to every ones homework paper.
Hmm. Ms. Gladden, since I wasn't here for 3 days. Should I just give my packet to the TA's with my Fear is Poem and Tic Tac Toe on Monday so they can put it in the grade book?
Post a Comment