Challenging Question:
In the story Rikki-tikki would the ending have been different if Rikki had not spoken to Chuchundra? Discuss your thoughts on the blog.
Do you think that Rikki ate Nagaina? Mongooses are supposed to occasionally eat the snake they kill. So what do you think?


165 comments:
I think Rikki did eat Nagina because he had no more snakes to kill
Well, yeah, but I dont think there was enough time for him to eat Nagaina.
I reread the story and it did not say how long he was in the hole
Hi Ms. Gladden.I was wondering if we had to do 30 questions total for study island or 30 questions for each one, structural clues and simile and metaphor
hi trey I am also doing studyisland
Cool. Do you know the answer?
The ending would have had to be different also because if rikki had not listened to chuchundra and heard the snakes then the father in the story would have probably died which would change the whole conclusion. Also looking at the story right after rikki went in the hole darzee sang a song for like 3 phrases. then it said that rikki came out of the hole with dirt on him. Which probably means that rikki could not have been in the hole for over 30 seconds. And i dont think a tiny mongoose can eat a 5ft snake in roughly 30 seconds because he has to kill it first. So Riki definetely did not eat nagaina.
Anyone wanna disprove with any counter conclusions? huh huh huh? anyone?
yo tariq
i thick it is 30 Questions in total
i think rikki tikki did eat the snake because its a fake story
hey april
but how long was it before he sang?
well the story ended tthat way so
he was only in the hole for 30 seconds though
it hurts to play trumpet so i cant practice
how can something that is less than 1 foot eat a 5 foot snake in 30 seconds?
ohhh
hey sean k look at my pic
he killed it though
he killed the snake and left it there
anyone else wanna disprove me?
yeah of course he killed it
it was more than 30 seconds tariq
but it didnt say he ate it
brb
how could it be?
he went in
darzee sang three songs about rikki dying after he went in and then he popped out again covered in dirt
I read the poem and it took me about 30 seconds to read it
read my 12 comment
i mean 3 verses of the "song" that he made up in a flash
im back!
he only read 3 phrases
why is ever one agenst me?
sean isnt my pic awesome
Also, Tariq, if Rikki didn't listen to Chuchundra the whole family would have died. Not just the father.
thats true
still its a made up story!
And Allen, Darzee started singing almost right after Rikki went in
why are we arguing about this?
yeah but arent we supposed debate on it?
no about a good 20 seconds after
Who here wants a mongoose for a pet
anyone like my picture asins rule
i think he did have time to eat the snake because the little person had to fly over there!!
20 seconds is probably the time it took Rikki to kill Nagaina.
thats racist!
sean there is no snakes here
but did it say he ate him?
"little person" stayed at his nest with the eggs april
wait is that sean the percussionist?
No thats what were supposed to be debating
Im not sean the percussionist
then how was he singing?
no i thick it the smart one
:O then who are you?
signing what?
the hole was by the nest
oh the girl bird?
he is sean kato the or joegurnot321 who went inactive 5 months ago
i dont know this person sean!
oh i think i know him
read the story again april you were probably dreaming during english
whats he look like?
Yeah im sean kato
NO I WASNT!
i dont day dream!
O.k. thanks
this was after band i was awake!
I think we could switch to the other question
what per are you in tariq
gosh tariq
yeah tariq
Well I think that Rikki did eat Nagaina because the author never said that Darzee sang right after Rikki went in the hole. I mean pretend you are a mongoose and you try to follow a snake wouldn't you want to keep pursuing the snake? So probably, Darzee sang, when Rikki didnt come out of the hole for a period of time. And Tariq the book said that Darzee made up the song in a flash, the author never said that Darzee sang the song in a flash. I mean thats just my opinion, does anyone want to disagree with me?
woah
Uuuh; is the 3O questions for Study Islaand due tomorrow?
:O :O :O
o my gosh trisha thanks for reminding me!
Umm yes Trisha o.o 30 questions for each section, so a total of 60 questions
andy thanks for suppoting me
i need to do study island!!
I do andy. In the time Darzee made up the song, Rikki probably killed Nagaina. Then Rikki also had to find his way back. And they were still had to take time to go farther down the hole
Study island is easy
im in 3rd period and andy it couldnt have taken that long. remember the author said he ate a lot at dinner with the family. if he ate a 5ft snake i dont think he would have the lieast bit of room in his tummy for a human dinner
theres lots of people on here i dont know
Ello? anybody there??? if you are here click go to my blog and comment!!!
Thats a good point tariq
hi trisha
ha ha tummy is a funny word
huh huh huh? andy disprove that me and sean are on a role. right sean?
andy?
Tariq tsk tsk. The story said that Rikki ate as much as he could after killing Nagaina. I mean Rikki celebrated after he killed all the snakes. And Sean aren't you kinda agreeing with me?
I think Rikki ate Nagaina, or part of her, because there were no more snakes, he killed Karait,Nag,Nagaina, and their eggs. He ate the eggs, so he probably ate the snake.
If Rikki had not spoken to Chuchundra, Nag would have killed the family, and him too.
well if he ate he would have had to have taken a big poo to " eat as much as he can"
i agree with you andy read the 1st comment
O wait never mind I got your words mixed up Tariq. But why does Rikki have to eat the snake ? The story never said that he ate the snake or didn't eat the snake. I mean Rikki could've just bitten the snake and left it there to rot. Kinda harsh but still :]
Hi again.I was wondering if you knew the name of the flash drive Ms. Gladden told us to get
also it said the ants went in the hole to see nagaina. they went for proof. so he probably just left him there
taiq when did the story talk about poo
And Tariq couldn't Rikki have taken a big poo o.o Okay i don't want to get to in to this, but I'm just saying I agree with Allen. High Five Allen !
thats what im trying to say rikki did not eat the snake. thats what i have been trying to prove to you this whole time rad my first comment. rikki DID NOT EAT NAGAINA
i mean read
Trey; the flashdrive is PNY(:
Trey, the flash drive was just any cheap one, with a cap ( not a slide)from Office depot, or others.
where your proof Tariq
So Tariq thecnically you are saying that Rikki did kill the snake. Am i right or wrong? Because quote you said, "so he probably just left him there." Im saying that too, Rikki killed Nagaina, but didn't eat her.
hey trisha
yeah rikki did kill nagaina but HE DID NOT EAT HER. Mrs. gladdens question was wether rikki ate or did not eat nagaina
Ahhh. I see Tariq, yep I agree with you then. Bye Allen im leaving your side XD
Wow. I watched the movie of Rikki Tikki, and before there were 4 comments. 30 minutes later, there are 102.
aha allen is all alone again
boo andy
yes kill and not eat
Yay! Tariq and Sean :]
ugh you guys left me in the dark and scary blog!
any one else want to be on my side?
:[
this is getting tiring. Were all just repeating the same things in different words
hey adam you missed the " the great debate" between me and andy
I change to he ate part of it
sean do you like my Pic?
I think I'll leave now
bye sean
this song is awesome lol
allen he did not eat Nagaina or "it" at all
has anyone heard this song?
Yea me too Sean. I guess our side won :p But Allen the debate is never over. Good Luck !
ello?
:l
but he bite her
and mabey ate the chuk he bite
DID EVERYONE LEAVE ME?
yeah i won the debate woooooo with my good reasoning. in the end everyone came to my side except for allen wooooo
are you still going on about that?
ill see you guys tomorow
bye i need to eat dinner
wow tariq
now everyone leaves me!
im going to my blog bye
hat color is your house? allen
To challenging for me :]
Rikki-Tikki didn't eat Nagaina, I agree with Tariq. He was covered in dirt, and he couldn't have eaten up a whole snake in a minute. Also, Rikki had told himself to not eat a whole snake in one day, because he needs to keep thin, because there could always be another snake around.
Yes, the ending would have been different because it says that Chuchundra made him listen for Nag and Nagaina whispering, so it probably would have been different if he hadn't met Chuchundra, BUT then again he might have woken up and heard the noise because mongoose are light sleepers, as it said in the story, BUT then again it says that he searched different bathrooms to finally get to where Nag and Nagaina were.
I also think that Rikki Tikki didn't eat Nagaina because he didn't have any time to eat her. He just came out of the burrow and sneezed.
OMG your so right rachel.. no i unno LOL
LOL sorry rachel.. my dad needed the phone o__o
ya, it's ok Katie
Rikki ate a small bite of Nagina for the last time
good night
Wow! Ms.Gladden you have a lot of comments and they are mostly about Rikki Tikki or Study Island.I cant believe the test had already had come. wow!
I think I'm ready.Yay!
I think he did not eat the snake.
yo people!
anyone there?
rikki ate part of the Nagina read the comments I posted yesterday and Sean is on my side now so yay
people go on at 6:00-8:30
and go on my blog please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! click on my name and go to matthewsblog and it will take u there
yo everyone!
. . is everyone asleep?
-
well bye then!
i think it would have been different. this is because if he had not talked to chuchundra, the people in the house would be dead.
I don't think Rikki ate Nagaina because right after that he ate a whole bunch of food from the house, and if he ate the snake,he would have been full. also the ants went into the hole afterward, and if Rikki ate it, the ants would not have gone in the hole to eat it themselves.
I agree with Tyler
It wouldn't make sense for the ants to go into the hole if there was nothing to see.
Wow this is still going on??
Post a Comment