Friday, October 16, 2009

Progress reports

Dear Parents,

As most of you know, school wide progress reports went home with the students today. Please be aware that progress reports were posted by the teachers a week ago so that the district could print the paper reports to send home to you. Please use parentconnect to see up-to-date postings.

Thank you,
Ms. Gladden

10 comments:

MLYHOOPS said...

yah im the first to post. mrs. gladden, if you know are we supposed to sign and return our progress reports or just let our parents see it

BryanL Per. 4 said...

I have the same question as matthew

Kyle S. Per.6 said...

wait, we double line space on the book response right?

Rachel C.Per 6 said...

I also have the same question, but I think she said that we were supposed to.

Jen Chen said...

Mrs. Gladden, I tried to go on, but I couldn't. Can I just see my grade from your computer in the classroom at school?

Ms. Gladden said...

Book Report must be MLA style. Times New Roman, 12 Font, double spaced. Hope that helps.

Jen Chen said...

That doesn't help at all

JeffreyK Per.4 said...

Dear Ms. Gladden I am sorry if you are reading this it was the only way I could contact a partner

Per.6 Ms. Gladden
October 25,2009
It goes to Bookland: A Short Story
Typed by Jeffrey Kaplan and edited by (-Blank-)

As I sat, staring out the window at the placid pond as the trees whisper in the ghost of a wind. The people outside that morning were wearing their winter coats as the cool of autumn faded into winter. But there was a new face staring out among all of the others, one that was not a familiar face or a pleasant one. This mans carried an aura of perpetual contempt around him; even when he wasn’t looking you could imagine the look on his face. I shivered involuntarily, whoever this man was he was no to be trifled with.
My name is It. Yes, I know, it was not a very imaginative name on my parents’ part but it stuck. I am proud member or the Reptilian Tribe, a race of dragon like creatures, (no we cannot breath fire. That doesn’t even make sense.) We all grow up to be around 30ft tall and 50ft wide, give or take. But we are established members of the community and the buildings are built for our… geometry. I’ll tell you right off the bat, I lie a lot; it’s not always intentional just instinctive. For example, have you ever been caught in an incriminating situation, even one that didn’t have to do with you, and felt the impulse to blame someone else? Lying is kind of like that to me, but I am impulsive and weak minded. I admit it, I have zero credibility and if something was wrong, anything at all, I need to have solid proof that I didn’t do it and someone to vouch for me.
My story begins at around Tuesday October 5, mid-afternoon. I was going out for a daily jog when I saw a strange man looking around. He looked like a Power Ranker gone bad, he was filled to the teeth with weapons, and a jetpack to boot. I realized that I had seen this man earlier out my bedroom window. He took one look at me raised his gun and said, “You’re dead REPTILIAN” in a horse voice. In that one tense moment I broke the lull and dived to the side, a large spurt of flame scorched across the air around me. I felt the flames licking my back almost hungrily, searching for more fuel. When he stopped to reload his weapon I ran as fast as I possibly could, the Reptilian Tribe members have wings and can accelerate to staggering speeds. Unluckily this guy had a jetpack too, whoever he was he came well prepared. I ran/flew to the only place I could think of, Bookland. A large hometown bookstore where both my parents work, and when moving at the speed I was at you can’t change direction in a hurry. When I got there I burst through the double doors and ran for cover.

JeffreyK Per.4 said...

I have to split the project into parts, sorry

JeffreyK Per.4 said...

When I entered smelling the familiar sent of aging paper instantly relaxed me, I had spent many an afternoon reading the book brightly displayed on the shelves. But I could still feel the sweat on my forehead and the burns on my back; I knew I didn’t have much time. I ran for cover behind a bookshelf; I heard him enter the store. He began to walk in my direction; I could hear the faint jingle of his body armor clacking against each other. I held my breath in anticipation; He stopped and said “No use trying to hide I know how to weed you guys out.” He proceeded to torch the exits and books; there is no escape now.
Seeing that collection of books burn was too much for me, with a roar of anger I jumped out and charged at him. As I said earlier Reptilians can travel at staggering speeds, but anger pushed me even faster, the man didn’t have time to react before I had pinned him to the floor.
The building was burning quickly I could already feel the heat and smell the smoke, I wondered where my parents were, then I realized it was Sunday no one was here. John threw me off and stood over me I knew this was the end, but a falling timber fell on him and trapped him under it. Hating every minuets of it I lifted the timber and dragged him to safety. I couldn’t let him die.
After we were both out of the fire he stood and said, “I was told that Reptilians were mean hearted and evil, out turns out that was a lie.”